The Chrysler Group is showcasing its new “Imported from Detroit” tagline for the 200 model series with a massive wrap covering almost the entire west side of the company’s 15-story headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Detroit automaker's new tagline made its debut in a two-minute advertising spot for the company's latest entry to the mid-size segment on Super Bowl Sunday.
“The 2011 Chrysler 200 is a vehicle designed with purpose, it has beautiful shapes and incorporates the utmost attention to detail,” said Olivier Francois, President and CEO of the Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC, and Lancia.
“This new mid-size sedan delivers on a promise to our customers to be the very best of American design combined with a value proposition that will exceed their expectations. The new tagline was created to convey the message that one does not have to cross an ocean to obtain luxury, its available right here,” Francois stated.
Francois last statement could be taken as a poke to European buyers who -figuratively speaking- will have to "cross an ocean to obtain luxury" given that the soon to be released Lancia Flavia is a re-badged 200 Imported from Detroit...
Building Wrap Facts [From Chrysler Press Release]
- The Chrysler 200 featured in the building wrap is 116 feet wide by 145 feet tall
- Its grille is 51 feet wide
- The badge on the Chrysler 200 grille is 31 feet in length
- Headlight is 32 feet long
- Its hood measures 44 feet in length and 85 feet in width
- Its windshield is 66 feet wide and 20 feet long
- The side-view mirrors are each 9 feet wide and 7 feet long
- The Chrysler brand logo is 98 feet wide
- The building wrap covers 14 stories of the Headquarters’ tower
- It took three days to place the wrap on the tower